Thursday, August 19, 2010

Should I show my classmates and my teacher my human calculator math skills?

'm in 10th grade and currently taking Algebra 2.





Basically.. I can divide a two digit number by a one digit number completely, reciting all the decimals very quickly.





If you pick a number and square it, I could give you the square root instantly. If you pick a number and multiply it by itself 3 times, I could give you that number instantly as well. I can do percentages in my head. (like what's 28 percent of 48) I can also race against the calculator by adding a 2 digit number on itself over and over again. A lot more too...





People are gonna think I think I'm some **** bragging on the internet but I'm really not. I'm as honest as possible. I've always hidden my talent from everyone because I fear people will call me a FREAK and view me differently if they find out.





Also, what if my math teacher gets mad that I'm trying to show off and impressing people instead of him when that's his job?





What do you think I should do?

Should I show my classmates and my teacher my human calculator math skills?
If you guys are doing a math problem together on the board, say the answer outloud while everyone else is punching it in the calculator. No one will think you're a freak (and if they do, they are).. A lot of people have this talent. BUT don't show off with it. Don't tell them just so you can show off, otherwise, people won't like you.





Good Luck! God Bless! and congratulations on your talent!
Reply:Those are really cool skills. I suggest showing them only to your parents, siblings, a few trusted friends, and privately (during office hours) to your math teacher. I wouldn't go showing them off to the general public, but a few trusted family and friends, sure, why not? People may hear about these skills from the few you shared them with and may ask you to demonstrate them, in which case I recommend you go ahead. But what you want to avoid is showing them off without being asked, with the exceptions mentioned above. If someone calls you a freak, so what? They're just jealous. :-)

teeth grinding

No comments:

Post a Comment