Thursday, August 19, 2010

Speaking in front of friends/classmates?

I have been having trouble lately and it's been troubling me for quite some time (3 years) .. Whenever I speak I tend to pause for a few seconds and speak 5-10 words and pause again, it'll happen to me even if i'm nervous or not. I have a presentation to make in front of the class in 2 days and I'm afraid it'll happen to me again. I have asked many people and they always tell me to relax or breathe normally, I tried doing both of them but it never helped .. so does anyone know why I am pausing so much ? and does anyone know how I can fix this situation?

Speaking in front of friends/classmates?
Whatever you do, don't fondle a rubber like Destiny suggests. lol I hope she edits that to say rubber band.





Here's another suggestion: Why not try getting at the underlying cause. You can research issues like this through forums run by people trained to help in these matters.
Reply:try this have a paper with what your going to say infront of you. ask a friend in your class if you can focus on them when your talking this might help get your mind of the class. Having something in my hand helps me like a paperclip or a rubber band, try that. GOOD LUCK HOPE U DO WELL!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment